SMS by MFP Pilot
My Fave Places has partnered with SimpleTexting.com to give a select group of retail businesses a chance to pilot this service free for one month. Best of all - no coding required.
How Do I Get My Business included?
Step 3: Start SMS Pilot
Promote it - Tell your customers your unique keyword & short code & get them to sign up so they can start hearing from you. How?
- Place a poster or sign at the register
- Web site message
- Post on your social pages
- Add to email newsletter
- Print at bottom of sales receipts
- Don't forget to tell your staff.
Log into the SMS platform & send your first SMS!
You'll be asked to complete a survey and provide feedback and a testimonial.
- Research shows that over 90% of marketing texts are read within 3 minutes of receipt. For perspective, the open rate of marketing emails is 10%)
- SMS marketing is a great way for businesses to drive traffic and increase revenue immediately.
- Texting helps you stay visible, ensures that your offers connect with customers, driving higher sales. Reach out to your customers with discounts, promotions, and in-store events.
- The next generation of retailers will leave behind those that don’t use basic SMS marketing.
We are creating an affordable platform for small to medium businesses to access the power of SMS marketing, without paying full retail rates. We've got more planned, but this is our first step and we'd love your help to help pilot the service.
So What Happens Now?
After submitting you applicaton, we'll notify you on the status of your application via email. If successful, start to build your list of SMS customers.
If approved, we'll contact you to get you set up on the SMS platform and send you the access details.
Create in-store signage for customers to sign up or you can use our template (below).
How to build your list of SMS customers?
1. Reserve your unique Keyword., then advertise it + short code
- We'll get you set up on the SimpleTexting platform and supply the short code and. Share this keyword & short code with the world. Imagine a message like "Text DEALS to 123456 to get monthly coupons" or "Text DRINK to get $1 off your order today!" on your in-store signs, website, store receipts and email signatures.
- You can print your own signs or use our template with your unique keyword.
- If you have a customer list already with mobile numbers, you can upload these into the SimpleTexting platform.
By engaging your customers to sign up with an instant offer they can redeem, such as a free drink or discount if they sign immediately, You'll pretty soon you'll have a big, opted-in list.
2. Send promotions, reminders & notifications
Send your first message in minutes. Customers that text your keyword will automatically become subscribers.
Consider what kind of message will work best for your audience? Will it be a coupon, an event notification, or a reminder?
Texting works for any kind of message that you want opened fast!
Please note, My Fave Places and SimpleTexting do not support spamming, phishing or malicious practices and accounts that breach these will be closed.
Is there a dashboard and place I can see my customers who've sign up?
Yes, you can see your subscribed (and unsubscribed) SMS customers, create campaigns and track your progress on a simple dashboard. Please note connecting your accounts to the Facebook & Twitter accounts within the SimpleTexting platform is not supported as the service is shared. We recommend request that posts be done manually directly on your Facebook & Twitter channels.
Are my customer lists private?
Only authorized users from your company, My Fave Places (who manages the account) and SimpleTexting (who manage the platform and to provide tech support) can see the list of customer names. You will control the messages that are sent to customers.
How many texts should I be sending?
Every business is different, but we recommend one a week
What happens at the end of the pilot?
You will be asked to provide feedback, so we can improve the service.
You will have the option to move onto the affordable paid plan (with the first month of the paid plan discounted to pilot users). If you choose not to move to the paid plan or do not notify us of your intentions by the end of the monthly pilot, access to the SMS service will be closed.
Why are there a different keywords for Android and iPhone users?
The SMS platform supports both deices, so you will not miss any customers! My Fave Places is planning an additional in-app promotion service for businesses, but the mobile app is presently only available in iOS version and we'd like to be able to identify these users.
My business doesn't operate in the USA
SimpleTexting can only support businesses that utilize major US (and Canadian) mobile carriers. If you are Canadian business wishing to apply, please fill out the application and note your address.
Is the pilot really free?