My Fave Places – Ed Cotton Takes New York
Top Chef DC runner-up Ed Cotton recently told us about his fave places in NYC, but we have to add one: Sotto 13, where he’s the executive chef and creates the menu. The atmosphere is casual and intimate, the staff is incredibly friendly and efficient, and above all, the food is delicious. It's also a great date spot, too.
What does Ed love about New York? “I just love everything that it has to offer. I like the accessibility of getting all over the city in a matter of minutes and discovering new neighborhoods. The variety of foods – it’s just a huge melting pot! I love the history; it’s just a great city to learn about and be part of. It’s cool to call yourself a New Yorker, you know?”
We do, Ed.
Ed Cotton's Favorite Places
- The Raines Law Room (48 West 17th St, Gramercy) for drinks
- The International Meat Market (36-12 30th Avenue, Astoria) for meats to have at home
- Great NY Noodletown (28 Bowery, Chinatown) for late night eats
- Salon De Ning (700 5th Avenue, Midtown) the rooftop bar at the Peninsula Hotel – such a fun spot
- Kalustyans (123 Lexington Avenue, Kips Bay) a specialty food store that's great for shopping; grab a falafel sandwich too!
- Sotto 13 (140 West 13th St, West Village)
Like it, Love it? Share this post with your friends.