Now in its 23rd year, the popular MiArt features over 180 galleries (with a strong presence of American and British galleries), with top established and new international artists - all in one hall, for four full days of fair. It’s open to the general public as well as being a trade show for collectors and museum directors.
This year’s fair consists of the following sections:
- Established Masters: a section for galleries that show artworks made before the year 1999 in a selection that ranges from the masters of modern art to artists being rediscovered today.
- Established Contemporary: a section for primary market galleries that focus on contemporary languages, from current classics to new and recent productions.
- Established First Step: a category devoted to galleries that participated in the past in the Emergent section and are now passing to the Established Contemporary section.
- Emergent: a section for galleries whose programming focuses on the artists latest generations.
- Decades: a section that pays tribute to the central role of galleries and their history in an itinerary that crosses the 20th century, divided by decades. Each booth, through a monographic or thematic exhibition, presents a key moment of the period in question, in a succession of 9 projects dating from the 1910s to the 1990s.
- Generations: an invitational curated section in which two galleries are invited to create a dialogue between two artists belonging to two different generations.
- Object: section on galleries active in the promotion of experimental design, decorative arts and limited editions and collectible design, whose exhibition activities are rooted in a close collaboration with the designers.
- On Demand: installations, wall paintings and wall drawings, and projects.
Location: Fiera Milano SpA
Strada Statale del Sempione, 28
20017 Rho (Milano), Italy