By Frankie Jay
Dates: April 13–15, 2018 (with VIP Preview on April 12)
Planning a trip to Milan in April? Here's an insiders tip, make sure you visit MiArt 2018, the International Modern and Contemporary Art Fair in Milan, Italy.
Now in its 23rd year, the popular MiArt features over 180 galleries (with a strong presence of American and British galleries), with top established and new international artists - all in one hall, for four full days of fair. It’s open to the general public as well as being a trade show for collectors and museum directors.
This year’s fair consists of the following sections:
- Established Masters: a section for galleries that show artworks made before the year 1999 in a selection that ranges from the masters of modern art to artists being rediscovered today.
- Established Contemporary: a section for primary market galleries that focus on contemporary languages, from current classics to new and recent productions.
- Established First Step: a category devoted to galleries that participated in the past in the Emergent section and are now passing to the Established Contemporary section.
- Emergent: a section for galleries whose programming focuses on the artists latest generations.
- Decades: a section that pays tribute to the central role of galleries and their history in an itinerary that crosses the 20th century, divided by decades. Each booth, through a monographic or thematic exhibition, presents a key moment of the period in question, in a succession of 9 projects dating from the 1910s to the 1990s.
- Generations: an invitational curated section in which two galleries are invited to create a dialogue between two artists belonging to two different generations.
- Object: section on galleries active in the promotion of experimental design, decorative arts and limited editions and collectible design, whose exhibition activities are rooted in a close collaboration with the designers.
- On Demand: installations, wall paintings and wall drawings, and projects.
Check out the events calendar. Who knows what you'll pick up?
The fair is accompanied by the Milano Art Week, a program of events, openings and special hours in museums, public and private institutions around Milan.
See you there!
Location: Fiera Milano SpA
Strada Statale del Sempione, 28
20017 Rho (Milano), Italy